March 2, 2011

Kenny

"Kenny": Our '59 Kenskill @ Lost Dutchman State Park

If you can get past what slobs we are at our camp, (keeping it real) you might get to take in our sweet little trailer "Kenny" posing in front of Superstition Mountain.

Trav and I developed a fondness for mid century travel trailers after a stay at the The Shady Dell in Bisbee, Arizona.

We bought Kenny in '05 through eBay and he's put up with what most vintage trailer owners would not subject their trailers to. Ask him about the Imperial Sand Dunes in California or the volcanic remains at the Cinder Hills OHV area Cinder Hills in Flagstaff, AZ.

Our trailer came to us in good working order and condition. We camped in it the same night we picked it up from a family in Utah. We have done some minor refurb, but nothing too challenging. One of the first things to change and one of my favorite things to look at are the new curtains I made from a Herman Miller fabric titled, "Dad's Day Off". Pictures to come!

I would love to hear about YOUR vintage trailer and if you refer to IT as a person (like weird 'ol me)  and what adventures you have with it-ahem, excuse me, him or her.

~Heather Smith-O-Lator

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! I apprecitate you for visiting and taking the time comment. Thank you ~Heather

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...